Respiratory Gas Monitoring for Small Animals
The monitoring of expired gas has long been known to be an important indicator or the physiological health of experimental animals. CWE Incorporated offers a range of gas analysers for different respiratory physiology applications.
- For routine monitoring of CO2, the CapStar-100 End-Tidal CO2 Analyser is the most popular.
- The new microCapStar is specifically designed for mice and other very small animals.
- The GEMINI Respiratory Monitor features both CO2 and O2, as well as respiratory rate measurement.
CapStar-100 Carbon Dioxide Analyser:
Provides continuous measurement of expired CO2 over the range 0-10 percent. Its rapid response time, small sample flow requirements, and long-term stability make it ideal for respiratory gas measurement of rodents and larger animals.MicroCapStar Co2 Analyser:
Provides accurate end-tidal or continuous measurement of expired CO2 in animals as small as mice. It features very low sample flow requirements, rapid response time, and long-term stability. Respiratory rate (RR) is computed using the excursions of the CO2 waveform. The CO2 and RR measurements, as well as a trend plot of the end-tidal values, are displayed on the graphics LCD screen.Gemini Respiratory Monitor:
Accurately measures breath-by-breath O2 & CO2 concentration, it has long-term stability, linear output voltage, adjustable CO2 and respiratory rate alarms and is also suitable for rats & larger animals.
Applications and benefits:
- use in conjunction with a CWE Ventilator
- metabolic measurements (O2 consumption)
- hypoxia and control-of-breathing studies
- CO2 monitoring improves animal survivability
Next >> Products