Image, track and quantify C. elegans
WormLab from MBF Bioscience is a system for imaging, tracking, and analyzing C. elegans and other worms. C. elegans is the most studied model organism used in research fields such as neurodegeneration, genetics, aging, development and toxicology.
WormLab allows you to image, track and analyse C. elegans and other worms. It has a user-friendly software interface with a powerful model-specific tracking algorithm that collects data about a single worm or multiple worms. Analyse worm position (frame-by-frame), centerline points, speed, body area, body wavelength, track length, direction, body bending angles, head bending angle, omega bend detection and reversal detection. The algorithm analyzes virtually any video file type, including .avi, .wmv, and .mp4.
Some of the ground breaking new features in Imaris 9 include:
- Multiple Worm Tracking from video files
- Track selected worms, or all worms in the frame
- Track worms through entanglements and overlap
- Track at high, medium, or low magnification
- Advanced worm model with peristaltic progression movement including elongation
- Multiple-hypothesis tracking results in improved worm tracking
- Discriminates between head and tail using both curvature and motion direction
- Selective viewing of worm outlines, midpoints, tracks, and head/tail markers
- Export locomotion data to Microsoft Excel
- Built-in workflow makes it easy to run WormLab and gather data efficiently
- Load video files from disk or directly from a connected camera with optional camera control
- Support for hundreds of different video codecs included