IDT - PIV Systems
IDT's PIV systems fully integrate lasers, optics, and digital cameras in a turn-key package. The synchronization of the components is achieved via a flexible computer controlled timing module via a USB interface. The system includes a comprehensive software solution (proVision) to acquire and process the image data.
The system provides incorporates the most accurate and reliable correlation algorithm, providing 2-D and 3-D vector fields with the highest data density and free from spurious data.
The PIV hardware and software are fully compatible with the "double exposure" enabled cameras (MotionScope and MotionPro).
Portability and Ease of Use
The high framing rate cameras and timing controller use the USB-2 serial interface or Gigabit network allowing a laptop PC to be the host computer. From set-up to operation it takes only minutes. Operation is fully controlled by software with easy to recognize iconized tasks and integrated HELP.
Suitable laser sources are:
* Low power (3W and 7W), CW, IR (808 nm)
* Pulsed, high repetition rate (up 50 Kilohertz), low power (200 micro-Joule/pulse) Nd:YLF
* Pulsed, high repetition rate (up 20 Kilohertz), Medium power(1 milli-Joule/pulse) Nd:YAG - New Wave Research - Mercury
* Pulsed, high repetition rate (up 20 Kilohertz), High power(10 milli-Joule/pulse) Nd:YAG - New Wave Research - Pegasus
* Pulsed flash lamp Nd:YAG, 15-90 Hz repetition rate - New-Wave Research - Gemini
* High frame rate (>1,000 fps) CMOS
* High frame rate (>1,000 fps), very low-light capable, CMOS fiber-coupled to intensifier
* High resolution CCD: active cooling optional for very low noise
* Tilt-shift lens for focusing under the Scheimpflug condition
* Flexible triggering is achieved with IDT's unique timing module
* Complete solution for integrated acquisition and processing